Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Sh#tter's Full"

Last night, we spent our first evening in a motor home park. We stayed at the Scottsdale Trailer Corral, located just a few blocks from Old Town Scottsdale. It was a great experience and the people couldn't have been nicer. Alvin, the manager, was kind enough to help me park this rig, and even walked me through emptying the waste tanks and hooking up the fresh water and electric. This was a real treat, let me tell you.

I’m not sure what I was expecting, but it’s exactly what it sounds like. You pump your waste right into the sewer through a semi-clear tube. I’m pretty sure the only reason I was asked to be part of this trip was to handle this job and this job only. It seems like just yesterday I was flying to some cool spot for work, and now I’m pumping raw sewage into the ground. But, I can tell you without hesitation, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than where I am right now.

In order to train yesterday, I had to get a little creative. I was able to wake up around 5:30 am and go for a 5 mile run in the mountains of Sedona. It was really beautiful. Once the game was over, I went for a 20 mile bike ride around Scottsdale. Although the heat was around 100 degrees, it didn’t feel that hot. Tomorrow should be interesting as I have to swim and run. I haven’t figured out where I’m going to swim yet; maybe Britney Spears’ backyard? She probably won’t even notice I’m there!

My Mom and I have started switching off driving every once in awhile, which has made the driving much more pleasant. I’m able to update the blog, stretch, eat, etc. every couple of hours instead of every 6 hours before. Plus, she’s doing a great job. I’ve always thought she drove a truck before I was born, and this trip has only reaffirmed my thinking.

Also, my Mom's sister Bevie met up with us for dinner in Scottsdale! It's been a few years since we have seen her, and it was great to catch up. Aunt Bevie was was the first of many planned meet-ups all across the country for us!


-JJS

7 comments:

  1. It's only fitting that you would be responsible for emptying out the sh#tter. Consider it payback for all the times your "business" cleared out our dorm rooms, fraternity house, and apartments over the years. I recall one time at the ATO house we couldn't use one of the bathrooms for a week it smelled so terrible because of you. Karma buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's a low blow Bitter! And J Kick, your stomach issues are well documented...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you would have to empty the shitter so soon. Did he say that should last your a good while before emptying??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Alvin remind you of the dangers of lighting a stogie while emptying said sh#tter?

    ReplyDelete