Thursday, June 21, 2012

Game 16 - Pittsburgh Pirates


Our 16th game took us to the foot of the Allegheny River to catch the Pittsburgh Pirates play the Minnesota Twins. This was another first for me, as I had never been to Pittsburgh before. For some reason I thought Pittsburgh was 'the city of broad shoulders,' but when I asked the ticket agent he looked at me like I was an idiot and told me he didn't know what I was talking about. Either way, we were excited to see PNC Park as I've heard great things.

We arrived a couple hours early and walked around the stadium. PNC park is located right on the Allegheny, and it's really beautiful. The stadium is constructed of stone and steel and is like no other stadium we've seen. There is a river walk inside the ballpark that allow the fan to see both the game and the boats on the river.

Unfortunately, like many stadiums, PNC Park didn't have a lot of great food options. It was basically ballpark fare, with little or no 'local' options. We've grown tired of the hot dog and popcorn variety and have been disappointed with the food options on the east coast.

Besides the food, my Dad really enjoyed his time at PNC Park. The physical structure of the ballpark was as good as we've seen, and the fans seemed to be excited about the current Pirates team.

Pros: Ballpark construction, views of the Allegheny River, river walk.
Cons: Food, team personnel.






-JJS

No comments:

Post a Comment